Paul is the President of Palisade Partners, which he founded in 2009 amid an economic downturn. During that time, he seized the opportunity to apply his contrarian investment philosophy by acquiring real estate. He began by purchasing and renovating existing multifamily real estate and quickly moved on to developing new construction apartments and townhomes.
In 2013, he began working extensively in Five Points, where he found his passion for community-centered development. Paul joined the Five Points Business District board in 2014 and was instrumental in creating the Five Points Business Improvement District, of which he previously served as President. By completing several projects in Five Points, he’s delivered much-needed affordable housing, daytime activation, and inclusive retail uses, all of which preserve and showcase the rich African American history and culture of the community. Paul continues to work with the Five Points neighborhood on the future of Rossonian development.
Also in 2013, Paul began overseeing the development of Summit Sky Ranch, a $280 million, 416-acre, 240-unit, high-end single-family residential development in Summit County, Colorado. Paul continues to apply his passion for community-focused development projects with Summit Sky Ranch, which is designed to bring together the majesty of the mountain landscape, the active mountain lifestyle, and a tight-knit mountain community.
Mr. Books graduated from the University of Denver: Daniels College of Business with a Master of Science in Real Estate and Construction Management. Mr. Books received his Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Math with a Finance Sequence from Claremont McKenna College.
- 2013 Project of the Year – Emerging Developer – Paul Books | Palisade Partners | B Street LoHi
- 2015 ULI Impact Awards Rising Star Award Winner
- 2016 Downtown Denver Partnership Award Winner – The Wheatley
- 2016 NAIOP Capital Markets Transaction of the Year – The Lydian
- Board Member, Five Points Business Improvement District
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member, Colorado Black Chamber of Commerce
- Former Board Member and Chairman of Historic Denver
- President, Patrick/Bennett Reservoir Company